Saskatoon puts their best SOUPS forward in a Cook-off!
Join us for Saskatoon's Soup Cook-Off where local chefs compete for the best soup in town! Nutrien WinterShines wishes to express our gratitude to Chef Dana Chadorf, Executive Chef at The Saskatoon Club for her tremendous leadership and support in championing this year's Soup Chef Competition.
Get your tickets now!
Whose soup will win your heart?
Wide Open Soup Cook-Off
Sunday, February 20, 2022 | 5:00PM – 7:30PM | Royal Canadian Legion Hall – 606 Spadina Crescent W, Saskatoon
Home cooks, Culinary Students, Chefs in the Workplace . . . it’s a Wide Open Competition! They’ll compete for the honour of participating in the YXE Soup Cook-Off. Vote for your favorite soup online during the event
List of Chefs participating in the “Wide Open Soup Cook-Off”
- Grace Whittington from HomeQuarter Coffee House & Bakery
- Shereen Dyal from Drift
- Taylor Morrison from Living SkyCafe
- Travis Katerynych from Chef de Partie Catering
- Jason Bayona from Prairie Meats
- Patrick O'Connel from Prairie Sun Brewery
- Jacinta Taylor from Calories Restaurant
- Maggie Bekar from Hearth Restaurant
For the Judge's choice:
• Winner:Taylor Morrison from Living Sky Cafe
• Runner up: Maggie Bekar from Hearth
• 2nd Runner up: Jason Bayona from Prairie Meats
For People's choice:
• Winner: Maggie Bekar from Hearth
• Runner up: Jason Bayona from Prairie Meats
• 2nd Runner up: Travis Katerynych from Chef de Partie Catering
YXE Chefs' Soup Cook-Off
Wednesday, February 23, 2022 | 5:00PM – 7:30PM | Royal Canadian Legion Hall – 606 Spadina Crescent W, Saskatoon
Members of our local professional chefs association partner with Saskatoon media celebrities, competing to bring you their best soup! Vote for your favorite soup online during the event.
List of Chefs participating in the #YXE Chefs Soup Cook-Off
- Anita O'Reilly from Prairie Meats
- Heather Bekar-Schulte from Chef de Partie
- Tracy Leonhardt from Leopold’s
- Sydney Hamlin from The Taste Group/Picaro
- Austin Beech from Delta Hotels by Marriott Downtown
- Delane Remenda from Saskatoon Club
- Bret Eldstrom / Dayton Buziak from Pitchfork Market + Kitchen
- Douglas Mark from University of Saskatchewan
- Doug Hyndford from Wanuskewin Heritage Park
- Winner of “Wide Open Soup Cook-Off”
Online ticket sales start Monday, February 7, 2022. These events always sell out — so get yours early! Each ticket allows you to try a bowl of every locally made soup with a slice of bread from our sponsor COBS Bread.
- Table for 4 (includes 4 tickets) — $50
- Table for 2 (includes 2 tickets) — $25
- Individual curbside pick up (includes 1 ticket) — $15
There are two sitting times available when booking your tickets.
- 5:00 – 6:15pm - Family sitting: Bring your family and enjoy the hearty soups at your researved tabel for 2 or 4.
- 6:30 – 7:30pm - Adult sitting: A time for friends or your significant other to create memorable moments with a night of comfort soups, good drinks and great company.
Curbside pick up
Park your vehicle in the designated parking area for curbside pick up at the Royal Canadian Legion Hall (606 Spadina Crescent W, Saskatoon). A volunteer will come check your ticket and bring out an already packaged ready-to-go bag containing all locally made soups and bread from our sponsor COBS Bread. Pre-ordering your curbside pickup tickets is required.
-- NO ATM -- CASH BAR ONLY --
Know Before You Go – Health and Safety Measures
To comply with local health regulations you are required to wear a non-medical face covering over your nose, mouth, and chin while you are on the premises. You may remove your face covering to enjoy your soup when seated at your table.
We are aware Saskatchewan health regulations are changing and will soon make an appropriate decision about health and safety measures at the Soup Cook-Offs.